Electronic Bill Payment
Union City Electric System now offers our customers the convenience of paying their bill via the Internet or by telephone Interactive Voice Response. Click here to pay your bill now by Internet, or call toll-free, 866-578-7549, to pay by telephone.
Union City Electric System mails statements to its customers on a monthly basis. The due date of the bill will be clearly marked on the statement. Customers will typically receive their statement in the mail 17 to 18 days prior to its due date. Failure to receive a statement does not release customer from payment obligation.
Bills not paid by the due date will be assessed a late payment penalty calculated as follows: 5% penalty on the first $250.00, plus 1.0% on the remaining balance. Bills remaining unpaid 7 days past the due date are subject to disconnection.
Bills may be paid as follows
- In Person - 312 N Division Street, Union City
- By Mail - P.O. Box 369 Union City, TN 38281
- Night Deposit Box - North Side of the office at 312 N Division
- By Automatic Bank Draft
- By Telephone Interactive Voice Response - 866-578-7549
- At our Payment Kiosk located inside the Little General on Reelfoot Avenue next to the National Guard Armory or the Little General located at 115 S Fifth St. The kiosk can accept cash, check or credit/debit cards. (You must have your 12 digit account number.)
- At any Walmart Store via Moneygram (You must have your 12 digit account number.)
Bank Draft Payment Plan
UCES customers may elect to participate in the automatic bank draft payment plan. This plan will draft the amount due on your monthly billing statement from your checking or savings account on the due date. You will continue to receive a statement each month, but it will be marked “Paid By Bank Draft.”
Budget Billing Plan
Budget Billing sets your bill at an equal amount for 11 consecutive months (based on your consumption history) beginning each May. In April each year, your account is reconciled and the amount you have paid is compared with the actual amount you have used, and you will either receive a credit if you have overpaid, or an additional charge if you have underpaid. Many of our customers prefer this billing plan as it may assist with their household budgeting. If you have had service with UCES for 12 months at the same location, you are eligible for this free service – sign up for this service during April of each year by calling our office.
Service Connections -
Return Check Charges - $ 30.00
Reconnection Charge - $ 20.00 (during office hours), $ 80.00 (after hours)